Everybody can see the differences between the ebook and the traditonal book. Nevertheless there is more than meets the eye and in this short post I am going to introduce the differences beetween them.
- Text can be searched automatically and be linked to other books using cross-referenced hyperlinks.
- E-books allow non-permanent annotation and highligting
- Font and its size can be adapted to the reader.
- Animated images or multimedia clips to be embedded may be allowed.
- An e-book can automatically open at the last read page.
- Text-to-speech software can be used to read the text. Nevertheless, the voice will be auto-generated, so the quality may be worse than audiobooks.
- It is easier for authors to self-publish e-books.
- A free e-book can stimulate the sales of the printed version.
- What is an E-book?. In Todo ebook. The ebook site. Retrieved 12:05, october 12, 2009 from: http://www.todoebook.com/what-is-an-ebook.html
- E-book. (2009, October 11). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 12:08, October 19, 2009, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=E-book&oldid=319241552
- 30 benefits of Ebooks (2008, January 28) In Epublishers weekly. Retrieved 12:15, Ocotober 12, 2009, from http://epublishersweekly.blogspot.com/2008/02/30-benefits-of-ebooks.html